Can ER605 do split tunnel site-to-site to Sophos XG firewall?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-11 02:25:19
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Does anyone have experience doing this?  Site with ER605 has CGNAT, while Sophos XG Firewall has public IP.  Both has support for IPSec VPN, but I don't want all traffic to go to Sophos, just lan traffic.  This will ensure better performance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can ER605 do split tunnel site-to-site to Sophos XG firewall?
2022-05-12 06:11:30

@jang430 1. IPSec site-to-site VPN will only take effect on two sites' LAN communication.

2. According to tplink instruction once the router is behind a NAT device, we have to select Aggressive Mode as Exchange Mode and select NAME as Local/Remote ID Type, otherwise, the VPN tunnel can’t be established.

Options
2022-05-12 07:21:10

@Somnus 

Can I clarify your first answer?  Meaning local internet traffic will not go through to Sophos XG firewall?  If so, that will be desirable.

As for the 2nd answer, you're saying TP-Link can connect to Sophos XG Firewall, correct?

Options
2022-05-13 05:04:08

@jang430 1. Site-to-site means connecting two routers' LAN network. The VPN tunnel will be built-up on Internet.

It's not Clieent-to-LAN connection, so Internet will go through the router's own WAN.

2. I did not have the test but all brand routers IPSec should be able to work with each other.

Options