Any way to view backup file

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-12 15:11:38
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.7 Build 20211026 Rel. 33125(5553)

Installed new firmware on a EAP225 that I inherited in our home we just moved in to which had firmware from 2019. I had a backup of the previous setup before doing this but wasn't expecting it to factory reset. I didn't see a note about that on the firmware download page or in the release notes (I later found a general FAQ on firmware with a mention that it might do that:)

I needed to get this up quickly so I went through a quick setup and named the SSID to the same name and credentials... (no other changes).  Is there some way to view the contents of a config.big backup file to see what the settings were previously vs just restoring the setup (assuming the old firmware config files are compatible with latest firmware which worries me a bit).  I believe it was a pretty standard and simple setup however I did see this in the system log...

"The LAN IP address/mask of [ap:74-DA-88-6f...] were changed to 192.168.0.179/255.255.255.0"

In Management/Network that Dynamic IP is set and Fallback IP is now set (nothing for Fallback Gateway) which I assume is the default.  Unfortunately I don't know if the EAP was set for Static or Dynamic and what the fallback IP, Mask, and if a Fallback Gateway was setup.

Any advice before I attempt to restore the backup?

Thanks

PS If it's helpful I'm running a Luxul Epic-5 Gigabit Router and a Araknis AN-210-SW-R-24-POE 24-Port POE Switch.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Any way to view backup file
2022-04-13 05:29:06

Hi  @tomn68 

Fallback IP can be considered as EAP default IP address. But the EAP will obtain IP from the router once it is connected to the router. 

This fallback IP has nothing to do with your wireless settings and config file. Old and new firmware share the same mechanism.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options