TL-R605 issues after upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-18 22:51:46
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

After the upgrade and without any other change to my network I'm having issues with several apps on my phone not being able to retrieve data (including Instagram).

I connected directly to my ISP router and the problem can't be reproduced - meaning it has to do with own network: TL-R605 connected to a TL-SG108PE with 3 EAP 225v3, and a local Omada cintroller running on my home DNS server.

Curious enough, if I access Instagram from the web I don't face the same issue. 

I can try downgrading the firmware to confirm if issue still is reproduced, but wanted to seek confirmation that it can be done 

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-R605 issues after upgrade
2022-02-19 14:07:37

I found the issue to be related with IPv6 routing. Disabling all IPv6 configs made it all back to normal - my config is to pass through on WLAN and LAN and let my ISP router assign the real IPv6.

How can I test the routing on IPv6 vs IPv4?

Options
Re:TL-R605 issues after upgrade
2022-02-23 05:36:05

Dear @LucianoR ,

LucianoR wrote

I found the issue to be related with IPv6 routing. Disabling all IPv6 configs made it all back to normal - my config is to pass through on WLAN and LAN and let my ISP router assign the real IPv6.

How can I test the routing on IPv6 vs IPv4?

You can do a couple of comparison experiments to test this.
1. Keep the same settings, use the same PC, and test if the problem exists by only enabling IPv4 at the PC's NIC; then disable IPv4 and enable IPv6 and test again to see if the problem can be reproduced.

2. You can use the same PC with both wired and wireless connections to see which one will reproduce the problem or both.

3. If you are concerned that a firmware upgrade is causing the problem, you can downgrade the router's firmware version and see if the problem persists.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 2

Related Articles