Can't use Scanning function on printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-09 15:53:13 - last edited 2022-02-09 16:01:31

Hey everyone, I recently switched my Omada network to use a ER605 router. I previously used an Archer C9 (AC1900) router pass through to the SG2008P and two EAP245's.

On the Archer C9, I was able to scan documents wirelessly via my Canon imageCLASS MF217w printer but ever since switching to the ER605, it keeps giving me an error saying that it cannot communicate to my printer. 

I'm still able to print documents properly so I think the network is allowing the traffic to go to the printer correctly.

The printer is currently connected to a 2.4ghz network but I have tried:

1. Connecting the printer and computer to the same 2.4ghz network - doesn't work
  2. Connecting the printer to a SG108P switch via ethernet cable with the computer connected -doesn't work
  3. Printer on the 2.4ghz network and computer on ethernet direct to the 2008P (this is how it worked previously) - doesn't work

It's leading me to believe that this is an issue with the ER605 router not routing the traffic appropriately within the network and it's making me pull my hair out.

When I ping the printer, sometimes the request will time out and sometimes it'll get a reply. Screenshot here:

In terms of network topology, this is what it's set up as:

Has anyone run into a similar issue and have any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't use Scanning function on printer
2022-02-10 08:56:56

Dear @prime47 ,

prime47 wrote

I'm still able to print documents properly so I think the network is allowing the traffic to go to the printer correctly.

The printer is currently connected to a 2.4ghz network but I have tried:

1. Connecting the printer and computer to the same 2.4ghz network - doesn't work
  2. Connecting the printer to a SG108P switch via ethernet cable with the computer connected -doesn't work
  3. Printer on the 2.4ghz network and computer on ethernet direct to the 2008P (this is how it worked previously) - doesn't work

It's leading me to believe that this is an issue with the ER605 router not routing the traffic appropriately within the network and it's making me pull my hair out.

When I ping the printer, sometimes the request will time out and sometimes it'll get a reply. Screenshot here:

To better help you solve the issue, please tell us which version of your controller? Software of hardware?

May I know the hardware and firmware version of your all tplink device?

Did you set any advanced settings in your network like VLAN, VPN, ACL and so on?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 1

Related Articles