Captive portal used to collect email addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-05 12:48:59
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello! I deployed a couple of EAP245s and an OC200 controller at a business and I have a request to use the captive portal for gust WiFi login to collect email addresses. The goal is for guests to be presented with a captive portal page that has a text box for guests to input their email address to be kept up to date with specials, events, etc. at the same time they click the "accept" button to conenct to the network. Has anyone implemented something similar or have a suggestion for me on how to go about implementing this? I would appreciat any insight! Thank you!

taz

Options
5 Reply
Re:Captive portal used to collect email addresses
2021-11-06 12:24:10
Err, best ensure they opt-in on that, I wouldn't be happy with being spammed!
Options
2021-11-07 15:06:27

@Pugs For sure! There would be an optional text box where users could input their email address if so-desired. :)

Options
2021-11-09 03:59:51

@tazzz 

I remember I've seen a video about this, Oh, here you can look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onpVvvXQBFo

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-11-09 06:45:09

Dear @tazzz,

tazzz wrote

Hello! I deployed a couple of EAP245s and an OC200 controller at a business and I have a request to use the captive portal for gust WiFi login to collect email addresses. The goal is for guests to be presented with a captive portal page that has a text box for guests to input their email address to be kept up to date with specials, events, etc. at the same time they click the "accept" button to conenct to the network.

The Controller v5.0.15 has added the support for Form Authentication type to the Hotspot Portal, which can be used to collect feedback from clients. The Windows Controller v5.0.15 has been released so far, the OC200/OC300 bundled with Controller v5.0.15 will be released next month I think. I'll update this post when there is a new release on the Omada controller, welcome to subscribe.

Some screenshots for Hotspot - Form Auth config for your reference.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-11-09 19:11:34

@Fae Thank you! I subscribed to the other thread you referenced as well. I am curious, when people fill out the form with the requested details, is that info emailed to a address you can define in the configuration?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2317

Replies: 5

Related Articles