Do i need a controller for a single eap320

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-30 07:15:51
Model: EAP320  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

i have a single eap 320 that i bought off like ksl(craiglist type place) and i didn't know what it really was other then a great wireless router with amazing signal strength and that i wouldn't need 2 different ones on each end of house. But after getting it and confirming model number and what not i was setting it up and it asked about what controller i was going to use. at first i just had it plugged into my surfboard modem which just changed it from coax to ethernet essentially. but it would work for half a day then not work then i read online that if it's stand alone u could use something as a dhcp router first so i used an old archer c5 to act as dhcp and turned off the wifi and plugged eap320 into that. but after a week it would lose connnection and not work anymore. i would try to get it to turn back on i tried leaving my laptop on all the time which was what i had the cloud controller software on. but time again it would eventually stop working. i factory reset it and tried setting it up on my iphone with the omada app and it worked for a while but again stopped working after so long. so i guess my question is what am i doing wrong do i need a a omada cloud controller. i would rather use one source for wifi in my home but i don't want to buy more if i don't need to, over 3 months i bought a archer c5 a touch p5 the eap320 i have an old airport extreme a tp link modem and a re305 extender. i finnaly gave up on the eap320 cause i was convinced i needed a controller. i then used the touch p5 as main wifi for house and then the archer c5 in my room with all my gaming equippment and smart devices. i moved in to help take care of my disablied mother after she lost her caregivers due to covid and her little thing from isp company wasn't enough for all my devices it was barely enough for hers. anyways how do i get my eap320 to work standalone because the 2 5ghz single 2.4 is more then enough because i use only 5ghz or have it hardwired. also should i have the switch for the house be before or after the eap320. fiber to router to eap320 to switch that all rooms etherent connect to or fiber to router to switch for rooms to eap320.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Do i need a controller for a single eap320
2021-10-31 07:45:25

@Kkandi.kiki 

There is no way to use the EAP as a router, the usual connection method is Router-Switch - EAP.
If you have only one EAP, you don't need to use the controller, just download an Omada APP on your phone and use it in standalone mode is more convenient.

Here is the setup video on the tplink web: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/m_i8qROEwuk

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 315

Replies: 1

Related Articles