Tracking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tracking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tracking
Tracking
2021-10-22 20:26:00 - last edited 2021-10-25 02:37:50
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi Everyone!

Is it possible to track a stolen EAP via the MAC address? I have a few that have been stolen from our school that we would like back of course. I can pinpoint the day and time via the controller but not the culprit. I have the MAC addresses so i was wondering, should the new "owner" put them online, would it be possible for them to be tracked so we can recover them. 

Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Bob

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tracking
2021-10-24 10:49:01 - last edited 2021-10-25 02:37:50

@Bob49685 

If the EAP is connected to the ISP network directly then the ISP would be able to see its MAC address and eventually pinpoint its location.

But since the EAPs are used connected to a router then the ISP would see the router's MAC address only, thus EAP's MAC address would be invisible in the ISP network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 307

Replies: 1

Related Articles