EAP225-Outdoor Nightmares

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-22 11:29:30 - last edited 2021-10-25 02:40:14
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Hoping someone can help before I send this thing back.

My house has Sky Broadband and the wifi is fine within the house.

I need wifi in my garden, so thought this would be an ideal product.

Following the instructions in the quick setup guide and using the Omada App got me absolutely nowhere.

I then found tht the default IP for the unit is in the 192.168.0 range.  My network is in the .1 range.  So fine, I changed my router to .0, logged in to the EAP, set it up with the correct IP range, then set my router back to the .1 range.

Now I can log in to the EAP fine, from the web browser.  Omada still doesnt work, but im not too fussed about that.

I have set the EAP up with the same SSIDs as my Sky router, as I want seamless roaming.

I can see from the web interface that the EAP is passing traffic over wireless.

So, I moved my EAP outside, connected it directly to a TPLink POE+ switch, and all lights come on as expected.

The problem now is, when I connect to the EAP, i.e. out of range of Sky router, I get a perfect wifi signal, but no internet access.  The POE+ switch is connected by TPLink powerline to the main network.

Any idea what the problem may be?

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225-Outdoor Nightmares
2021-10-23 14:01:58 - last edited 2021-10-25 02:40:14

@NaNook1971

Hey

Hopefully be able to help you with this, sounds like a common enough networking issue..  few questions if you don't mind!

I then found tht the default IP for the unit is in the 192.168.0 range.  My network is in the .1 range.  So fine, I changed my router to .0, logged in to the EAP, set it up with the correct IP range, then set my router back to the .1 range.

Can you give us the IP addresses in use?   Namely the router and Access Point..   192.168.1.21  and 192.168.1.125 for example

Now I can log in to the EAP fine, from the web browser.  Omada still doesnt work, but im not too fussed about that.

What do you mean by Omada doesnt work?

I have set the EAP up with the same SSIDs as my Sky router, as I want seamless roaming.

Seamless roaming doesn't work like this, this setup wont give you seamless roaming sadly...  You would need a controller to get seamless roaming, the Sky hub doesnt do seamless

I can see from the web interface that the EAP is passing traffic over wireless.

So, I moved my EAP outside, connected it directly to a TPLink POE+ switch, and all lights come on as expected.

The problem now is, when I connect to the EAP, i.e. out of range of Sky router, I get a perfect wifi signal, but no internet access.  The POE+ switch is connected by TPLink powerline to the main network.

What IP address are you getting when connected to the Sky device, then connected to the AP?   when on the AP can you ping the sky router?    paste any screenshots you have.. that might help :)

Any idea what the problem may be?

Got a few, but need the IP details and any screens you can mate :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 666

Replies: 1

Related Articles