OC200 in gardenwalled network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-08 23:11:42
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good day,
I have an OC200 connected to a Linux gardenwalled network.

I want to use a host file to whitelist the OC200 to breakout to the internet.

What IP address does the OC200 report too before it is availbe for connecting it to my Omada Cloud?
Many thanks James

Options
4 Reply
Re:OC200 in gardenwalled network
2021-05-10 07:45:57

Dear @JamesTav,

JamesTav wrote

I want to use a host file to whitelist the OC200 to breakout to the internet.

What IP address does the OC200 report too before it is availbe for connecting it to my Omada Cloud?

The OC200 can be taken as a PC with Controller software installed, it's mainly used to centralized manage Omada devices.

The IP address of the OC200 is obtained from the DHCP server(typically a router) in your network.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-05-10 08:15:56

@Fae 

Thanks for your email.

I am not sure you understood my question, so let me rephrase it.

I have an OC200 on a network. The network is gardenwall'ed, i.e. you can not access the internet from the network.

I need to white list the OC200 so it can communicate with the Omada Cloud and report it status and statistics to the Omada cloud.

What TP-Link ip address does the OC200 connect to to report it's status to the Omada Cloud?

Thanks, James 

Options
2021-05-11 02:46:54

Dear @JamesTav,

JamesTav wrote

I have an OC200 on a network. The network is gardenwall'ed, i.e. you can not access the internet from the network.

I need to white list the OC200 so it can communicate with the Omada Cloud and report it status and statistics to the Omada cloud.

What TP-Link ip address does the OC200 connect to to report it's status to the Omada Cloud?

I don't think there is a specific IP address to the Omada Cloud. To white list the OC200 to the Cloud, you may reserve an IP for the OC200 and allow the OC200 to communicate with your network gateway.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-05-11 14:54:17

Fae wrote

Dear @JamesTav,

JamesTav wrote

I don't think there is a specific IP address to the Omada Cloud. To white list the OC200 to the Cloud, you may reserve an IP for the OC200 and allow the OC200 to communicate with your network gateway.

@Fae 

I can confirm that there isn't a specific IP address. Tested it three times and it connected on a different IP address each time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 752

Replies: 4

Related Articles