Use of eth2 bridging port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-16 19:02:28 - last edited 2020-11-27 01:19:23
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Is it possible to use the eth2 port on EAP245 to simply connect to a non-wireless device?  i.e. I would like to just plug in a device that does not have wireless capability, this is not a different network that I am bridging, I just want to connect to the same network. I use the Omada controller software for this and and an EAP225.  FYI I am trying to avoid difficult fishing of a new cable and the existing cable is not positioned to add a switch.  Thanks! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Use of eth2 bridging port
2020-11-27 06:04:29

Dear @DaddyMakesVodka,

Is it possible to use the eth2 port on EAP245 to simply connect to a non-wireless device?  i.e. I would like to just plug in a device that does not have wireless capability, this is not a different network that I am bridging, I just want to connect to the same network. 

Why not? The eth2 port on EAP245 is a bridge port, which can be connected to a network device to pass through the Internet connection.

It doesn't need to be a wireless device, a PC/switch/AP will be okay.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1749

Replies: 1

Related Articles