2428P Copper SFP issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2428P Copper SFP issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2428P Copper SFP issues
2428P Copper SFP issues
2020-10-22 17:04:29
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest for 2428P

Hello all,

I have the new SDN supported switch model and I have challenges when I am trying to use SFP ports.

I am able to successfully use fiber SFP ports using Cisco and FS.com transceivers that I have in lab. I can even setup a portchannel / LAG from this switch to Cisco switch, but I need couple of ports on the TP-link switch for copper purposes.

One thing I have noticed is that SFP ports for use with fiber transceivers, require 1000 full duplex, else the link will not come on.

For the case of copper SFP (again Cisco GLC-T rev 4 and FS.com), I am able to see that the SFP is detected and port shows green and I plug into a Gig NIC on laptop (tried both end to be auto and 1000-full also) and link comes up (with Standard profile of ALL tht has vlan 1 untagged / native, but no dhcp IP is received. I move the laptop to a regular copper port with the same ALL profile and laptop gets the dhcp IP. Then I set up static IP on laptop and again, I cannot ping anything. I move the cable back to copper port and with the static IP, I can ping everything.

Should I assume that copper SFPs are not supported? or only TP-link copper SFPs are supported?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:2428P Copper SFP issues
2020-10-23 09:27:16 - last edited 2020-10-23 09:27:56

Dear @dpsguard,

Should I assume that copper SFPs are not supported? or only TP-link copper SFPs are supported?

I'm afraid that the T1500-28PCT doesn't support copper SFP. TP-Link doesn't have copper SFP yet.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:2428P Copper SFP issues
2020-10-23 13:16:07

@Fae thank you. I will test with some newer Cisco Copper SFPs that we have and post results back here just in case someone else has similar needs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 633

Replies: 2

Related Articles