Wireless to Ethernet with Fixed IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-10 07:28:05

Hello, is there any router that can receive wireless signal and convert it to a wired ethernet connection that can support fixed IP?

I have purchased a one but once i'm in that mode it automatically changes to DHCP.

My network is a wireless only network that requires fixed IP.  I have a wired device.  I have no idea to set those up.

Thanks!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wireless to Ethernet with Fixed IP
2020-10-12 12:51:45

Dear @ORMLTD ,

I assume you need a device that supports WISP Client (AP Client Router) mode. 

Please check the configuration guide below to verify if it's what you need. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/726/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-12 12:57:41

@Fae 

Thank you very very much for your help!

I actually purchased

TL-WR802N

300Mbps Wireless N Nano Router

and tried that mode, but unfortunately the client mode requires dynamic IP, and automatically flips to DHCP.

Is there another model that supports that mode but offers fixed IP?

Thank you so much!

Options
2020-10-12 13:42:38

@ORMLTD The TL-WR802N will work. All you have to do is to go to Network->Lan and change the type to 'static ip' AFTER you switch to client mode. I have the same device and I can set a static ip easily.

Options
2020-10-12 16:56:48

@EapNinja Thanks for your help!

Sorry I did not explain myself clearly.  that static IP setting changes the IP of the wired device, but it does not give the router a static IP.

I have a network that only allows particular MAC / static IP combo, so I need the router to have a static IP instead of the wired device.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

Options
2020-10-13 00:50:33

Dear @ORMLTD,

Sorry I did not explain myself clearly.  that static IP setting changes the IP of the wired device, but it does not give the router a static IP.

I have a network that only allows particular MAC / static IP combo, so I need the router to have a static IP instead of the wired device.

Is that possible?

Try configuring the TL-WR802N as WISP Client Router Mode by referring to the guide below.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2526/

Note: at Step 5 from the guide above, you could select Static IP and input the IP info that allowed by your network.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 5

Related Articles