Need to Create a Private Subnet With AC1350

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-16 16:16:57
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Hello,

I went to a computer store describing my needs and they recommended the tp-link AC1350 wireless access point.

This is my need. I have a cable modem/router that services the network of the building. There are devices on that network (A). I have other devices that I have on the other side of the building that need access to the internet, but I want those devices (B) to be private from the other devices (A). I was told that I can facilitate this with the access point that was recommended. I see how I can create a wifii password for devices (B) separate from the password that other devices (A) use to access the network. But does this keep devices (A) from accessing devices (B)? If not, is there a way, using this access point to facilitate this need?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need to Create a Private Subnet With AC1350
2019-12-17 00:59:33 - last edited 2019-12-17 01:15:19

Hi @bper, you can use the Multi-SSID feature of EAP225 (AC1350) to create two different WLANs by just defining two SSIDs for each radio.

See this HowTo (method 1) for an easy way to set up a guest network using an Omada EAP. You could either use the built-in web UI of the EAP (»stand-alone mode«) or you could use Omada Controller to manage the EAP (»managed mode«). Both methods allow to create two WLANs and to enable the guest network on one of the WLANs.

See also the EAP Series User Guide for more information on how to set up two WLANs.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 685

Replies: 1

Related Articles