Limiting site access on wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-20 22:26:57 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:09:31

I have a TL-ER604W in my business and use both wired and wireless connections. One channel of the wifi is secure for in house use and one is open for everybody else. Is it possible to limit access to a single website (facebook for example) for the wifi ONLY? I would like to keep access for wired connections but not for wifi.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Limiting site access on wifi
2019-02-21 03:32:22 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:09:31

samshead wrote

I have a TL-ER604W in my business and use both wired and wireless connections. One channel of the wifi is secure for in house use and one is open for everybody else. Is it possible to limit access to a single website (facebook for example) for the wifi ONLY? I would like to keep access for wired connections but not for wifi.

Hi samshead

If you can confirm the MAC address of your house devices, you can configure DHCP reservation to let those devices get the fixed IP address. Then use access control to limit access for the wifi.

You need to set up three rules of access control.

1. Allow wired connections of your house to access all service.

2. Allow all devices to access the single website.

3. Deny all devices to access all service.

You can refer to the following FAQ.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1039.html

Because it's based on IP address to limit access, so we need to use DHCP reservation to let your devices get the fixed IP address. 

Options
Re:Re:Limiting site access on wifi
2019-02-21 22:43:07 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:09:31

Thanks, I'll see what I can figure out.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 541

Replies: 2

Related Articles