CPE210 connetivity problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE210 connetivity problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:CPE210 connetivity problem
2018-01-10 07:17:27

RazRsf wrote

-Why in hell it doesn't work on AP mode when I use the Ethernet cable if the status page shows that everything is fine? Do you have any idea?

Yes. The SSID used in the CPE client is CPECASA, MAXtream is off and it got a connection to the root AP.

In the second screenshot the AP's SSID is CPE210CASA, MAXtream is ON and it doesn't show any connection to the client, which probably is still set to connect with CPECASA. This is a clear mismatch of settings of both CPEs.

-Since whenever the signal doesn't work anymore and if change the ip of the first CPE works again could there be an ip-conflict somewhere around?

Could be if you use the same IP for both CPEs. You should always make sure that both CPEs have an unique IP, which are both unused elsewhere in your network.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I couldn't upgrade the firmware of any of my device. My version is 1.0 and seems nothing of any in the list on tplink site works. I don't understand if something is wrong with the site since I cannot find a 1.0 version working

You can find the firmware for V1 here: http://www.tp-link.it/download/CPE210_V1.html#Firmware

Direct link: http://static.tp-link.com/Pharos_v2.1.6_20170908.zip

Upgrade both devices and select restore all config settings to factory default.

Then connect to CPE #1 using a laptop/PC and direct cable connection. Don't connect it to your router/switch, but to your laptop/PC only.

Set the CPE to an unused IP from your network (for example if your network is 192.168.1.x, set 192.168.1.250 if this IP is unused elsewhere). You have to set your PC to 192.168.0.x for first access, then - after changing the CPE's IP - to the IP of your network (e.g. 192.168.1.x). Go to wireless mode, set an SSID, disable security for initial setup and save the config. Don't change any settings for now, just leave all at its defaults except IP, SSID and security mode.

Next, connect to CPE #2 and set its IP to another free IP of your network (e.g. 192.168.1.251). Select client mode from the menu on the right top (don't use Quick Setup). Go to wireless menu, select "survey" to find the SSID of the first CPE, which must be turned on and facing to the second CPE. Check "lock to this AP" if you found it. Click "Apply" and remember to save the config. You then should see the client (second) CPE connecting to the AP (first) CPE.

If they are connected, you could fine-tune settings later. Next, connect the first CPE to your router. Connect your laptop/PC to the second CPE, set your laptop/PC to automatically retrieving IP via DHCP from your router or leave it at the static IP used to configure the second CPE. Then ping the client CPE (192.168.1.251 or whatever you did choose as its IP). Does it work? If yes, ping the first CPE (192.168.1.250 or whatever). If this works, ping your router. If this works, too, you have set up everything. If not, there might be a problem with the cables you are using.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-01-13 04:31:30
OK, I really mess up this time. I was able to upgrade the firmware to the first cpe but, meanwhile I was updating the second one, the pc just freezed. I am literally speechless, it was the worst time for that. So I just rebooted the pc but now the second cpe does not respond anymore. I have tried to reset it by pressing the cpe power supply button but nothing, can't connect to the standard ip 0.254 anymore. Tomorrow I'll go up the roof and try resetting with the button at the cpe itself and see what happens. Did this mess just made the cpe a useless piece of plastic now?
Options
2018-01-13 04:58:55
A CPE starts upgrading only if the firmware has been completely downloaded to it. So it should not do any harm if you PC freezes as long as you don't turn off power of the CPE.
Options
2018-01-18 20:08:32
Hello.

So I guess I solved everything, apparently the cables of the first cpe were damaged and therefore the connection was not good and it gave some conflicting. I have relocated the wifi device of the first apartment (more closer to the window) and right now I'm using only the CPE of the second apartment with bridge mode.
For now the connection seems stable and is not that bad either. I'll try using the client mode the next time to see if it get better.
I plan also to replace the broken cables in some time so the connection's speed will be better but for now I'm fine even like this.

Many thanks for your help

Regards
Options
2018-01-18 21:20:21

RazRsf wrote

For now the connection seems stable and is not that bad either. I'll try using the client mode the next time to see if it get better.
I plan also to replace the broken cables in some time so the connection's speed will be better but for now I'm fine even like this.

Client mode greatly improves the throughput of the radio link. As for the cable, make sure it provides proper grounding if the pole isn't grounded itself.
Options
2020-07-09 14:42:51
Well i cannot agree with you.. I have ordered the new CPE210 today and trying to setup diffrent environment to test the situation and throughput. My setup: CPE is in Bridge mode which received the signal from nearby router and provides internet access wireless to different devices. I connected 2 laptops, both of em connected with the link speed of 300Mbps. I tried to copy a file from one to another. The real time speed was about 3 MBPS or 32Mbps.. don't know why this is happening.. The Root Router is nearly 10 Meters from the CPE210 also here in my test area there are very few 2.4GHZ broadcasters and most of there signal are weak
Options
2020-07-09 22:55:59

Setup_Guy wrote

The real time speed was about 3 MBPS or 32Mbps.. don't know why this is happening..

That's b/c CPEs have been designed for directional PtP links in the kilometer range, not for spreading a WiFi signal to nearby standard clients / routers. For PtP links you always need to use two CPEs.

Antenna beam width of a CPE210 is 65º H / 35º E, which means it concentrates RF energy in one direction only.

To distribute the signal to standard clients you need an AP with omnidirectional antennas (360º coverage).

Options
Related Articles