Unable to view recordings in app, Tapo D225

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo D225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.13

Hello I have a Tapo D225 and I have a SD card installed and set to continuous record, I have had it installed and has been working fine for 2 weeks, but yesterday 10/3 I noticed, I can still view live stream and get notifications but I can longer view recording via the app, when I try to go to recordings it just tells me "no recordings" if I use the left and right arrows on the date selections I can change the date and it will flash me the thumbnails of the event moments and then immediately go back to the "no recordings" message, I have pulled out the SD card to verify whether it actually recording and if I could watch what been recording and it is recording and I was able to browse through and watch the videos on the SD card. 

I have tried deleting the app cache and turning the doorbell off and then back on and everything seems to work fine except being able to view recordings on the app.

Here are couple screenshots , the left is the screenshot where it flashes the events before then automatically going to the no recording message, I have also attached video of screen recording if want to see it.

View of recording screen in app 1View of recording screen in app 2

Update 10/4/2024: 

So after digging around and trying to find out more information I came across another thread here on the tp-link support forums, saying that they had this same issue and the cause of it wast the app saying SD card had reached capacity even though was set to loop recording, and deleting footage/formating the card solved the issue and they were able to view events again. So I put a new SD card in and I was able to view recording/events again in the app.

For my setup, I did have it set to loop recording and in the app it did list the card as full, so this appears to be an app issue rather than a hardware issue, as after I put in a new SD card I was able to view recordings/events in the app again, I then checked the other SD card on the computer and the loop recording was working as intended as I could open the files and watch the recorded footage. 

Phone: Pixle 6 Pro

Tapo app version: 3.7.113

File:
Screen-20241003-082608-1.mp4Download
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to view recordings in app, Tapo D225
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hey @pf3net,

Thanks for reporting this, I will make sure to get the information to our teams to take a look at.

Do you have the model of the SD card that was initially affected?

If you have another phone/device, were you able to view the footage from the Tapo App?

Options
Re:Unable to view recordings in app, Tapo D225
Thursday

@Riley_S So updated on the SD and and viewing it in the app.

After I stuck in a new SD card and formatted it, I was able to view the recordings/events again in the app, which on on 10/4, on 10/9 the SD card had filled up and started loop recording and this is when the issue presented itself again, as can still view the live view and get alerts but when go to the playback section it just gives the "no recordings" page.

As before I took out the SD card to verify that it was recording and that I could view the recordings on the computer and I could, so I put in the first SD card and playback section and still same message no recordings, so I format the SD card and i am able to view the playback section on the app again.

So the app playback section stops works when the app thinks the card is full even though the doorbell itself is still recording and loop recording when it gets full like it should be.

SD cards that have been used.

Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB

Samsung EVO Select 128GB

Options