Ceiling light controlled by HS210 has suddenly started blinking on-off. Has worked fine for years.

Ceiling light controlled by HS210 has suddenly started blinking on-off. Has worked fine for years.

2024-07-25 15:31:36
Model: Kasa HS210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

The ceiling light controlled by an HS210 3-Way switch has functioned correctly and without issue for several years, but the ceiling light suddenly started turning on and off by itself.  Last night we noticed the ceiling light cycle/flash on and off about 3 or 4 times, then it stayed off for a while.  It seems to do this sporadically every 5 or 10 minutes, sometimes with longer periods of time between its odd behavior (currently, it has been an hour or so since it has done it).  The wifi and power indicator lights on the switch itself are normal.  The switches (both the HS210 and the dummy switch on the other end) function correctly.  I can use either switch to turn the light on or off in any combination of the dummy switch being in the on or off position.  And I can control the light without issue using the app on my phone.  Since it has worked great for years, I suspect the switch may be going bad.  Is this a known issue, or is there a known cause?  It is concerning since it has worked without issue for years.  If it is going bad, I'd want to replace it rather than risk a potential electrical fire, etc.  And no, the switches are not warm and do not smell like they are burning, etc).  Everything seems normal except the ceiling light turning on and blinking all by itself...  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 78

Replies: 0

Related Articles