HS200s won't work!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS200s won't work!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS200s won't work!
HS200s won't work!
2021-02-05 19:57:05
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a number of Kasa devices in my house, and tried to install two HS220 dimmers. Both are set up, blink orange and green, and then through the app I can connect to the device's individual wi-fi... but from there, it says that it can't connect and asks me to retry. Can't get it to work .I know the wifi is strong enough because I have a Nest camera right next to it. Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200s won't work!
2021-02-05 22:47:24

@rbfishman 

Use your smartphone to forget the Wi-Fi you are trying to set the smart switch up with and connect back so you are prompted for the password. Use the same password you were giving the Kasa app to see if that connects.

If you happen to have another smartphone, try setting up the switch on that device as well.

With respect to the phone itself, make sure you allow any prompts for app permissions, and that you are not using a VPN connection on your phone.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 307

Replies: 1

Related Articles