Remove faceplate from HS220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Remove faceplate from HS220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
27 Reply
Re:Remove faceplate from HS220
2021-01-21 15:19:51

@Olegus et al

It appears as if the TP Link support staff don't know what they're talking about.  Do NOT "apply force" to remove the face plate from the paddle.  You will almost certainly break the tabs.

Instead, gently lift the top two tabs that are holding the plate down to the paddle assembly.   While lifting the tabs, pull the face plate away from the rest of the assembly.

Hopes this helps everyone else encountering this problem.

Options
2021-01-24 21:07:27

@DBF It baffles me people are having such a problem snapping it off. It came off in seconds... It's not rocket science...

Options
2021-03-05 01:22:17

@NJBob  It's all in how you hold it.  Put your thumbs on the paddle, your other fingers behind the faceplace, and push with your thumbs.

Options
2021-03-06 01:53:28

@FrankenGeek Thank you so much for the photo on how to remove this plate. Perfect! I was ready to send these things back because I couldn't get the bloody plate off the switch. They should make it more clear on how to do this because people are damaging the switch. Thank you!

Options
2021-04-12 02:08:20

@NJBob

I found a trick which resolved the issue for me.  I used a hair dryer on high heat for a couple minutes until I felt the heat on the plate.  In a way it might have "soften" the plastic and made it easier to remove the plate.  I did it twice - once before installation, and the 2nd time because I had the plate installed upside down with the recess pointing up.  Hope this help, but definitely a 'defect' in the design.

NJBob wrote

I just bought two HS220's and am ready to begin installation, however, I can't get the faceplate off and I'm afraid to force it.  What's the trick?

Thanks!

Options
2021-11-05 19:48:42

@Carl 

I recently purchased 3 of the hs220 and one of the screwless plates came broken how can I get a replacement. 

Options
2021-11-18 00:40:27

@Parnun82 

If you are in the US you would just need to contact Support.USA@tp-link.com and submit a part request.  The information you need to provide to the agent is:

Name

Email address

Physical Shipping Address

Model and Hardware Version

Part needed.

For you the part need would be the Faceplate. 

Options
Related Articles