Avoid some kasa devices on Google Home

Thursday

Hello, I have several kasa devices including cameras and a hub and a few outlets. I use the Google home and I linked kasa to it. My issue is how do I only show a few of my casa devices on my Google home instead of everything that's on Kasa shows up on Google home. Reason is I don't want my kids messing around with a few of the devices.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Avoid some kasa devices on Google Home
Yesterday

@SoggyCashew_123,

In the Google Home App, your devices should appear in a "linked to you" section rather than another room after linking. If I remember correctly, these should not be accessible to other members of your household, and should only be controllable through your voice or your app.

You could also try to use non-intelligible names so that voice assistants are far less likely to be able to relate what you say to the device.

You may also consider adding the problem devices to another Google Home, which would help to take it out of the interface for your home entirely.

Unfortunately, there is nothing on our side of the connection that would allow you to control which devices are brought over, so you would need to look towards Google Home-oriented solutions.

Options