Battery Operated Smart Switches

a week ago - last edited a week ago

I've been researching smart switches similar to the battery-powered Tapo S210. Many users dislike it due to concerns about rapid battery drain caused by Wi-Fi connectivity. However, based on my research in online forums, batteries typically last between 7 and 8 months or longer, which I find acceptable. The app even provides notifications when battery levels are low.

While TP-Link doesn't seem to have plans to release the Tapo S210 in the US, they could consider a model with a rechargeable battery. This would provide users with greater peace of mind, as they could simply charge the removable battery and replace it if necessary."

Context:

"In older homes, rewiring can be expensive and time-consuming. Therefore, I've been exploring smart switch options that only require Line and Load cables, eliminating the need for additional wiring.

What do you think?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Battery Operated Smart Switches
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@DCesar 

It seems that you are a user based in the US. You are currently posting in the TP-Link global community. For US users, the community has a separate US site. I will transfer your post to the US site so that local administrators and users can view your post.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 60

Replies: 1

Related Articles