Kasa KD110 Doorbell Chime does not pair

2024-08-22 02:27:17
Model: KD110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.26

My chime lost its pairing with the doorbell when we had to move it to a different spot.

I have tried re-pairing the chime over and over again and it is not pairing. The chime is plugged in on the other side of the wall of the doorbell. I can press the volume button on the chime and it plays, but the pairing does not work with the doorbell.

What other option do I have?

Is there a way to hard reset the chime because holding the reset until the LED blinks green does not fix it. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Kasa KD110 Doorbell Chime does not pair
2024-08-22 16:40:56

Hey @lawnmowerman,

I believe that the blinking green light is the 'reset' for the device - indicating that it has been done properly. After it is blinking, are you able to pair the chime with your doorbell? At what point does it fail?

The Kasa Chime will communicate directly with the doorbell using a lower frequency, so you should see if you can at least get the chime to pair with the chime in the same room.

However, since it does connect directly to the doorbell and not through your Wi-Fi, it is worth resetting the doorbell itself as this should reset anything that is preventing the chime from being paired/seen.

While doubtful it would have any impact; you could try syncing your Kasa devices to the Tapo app and seeing if it can be added through the Tapo interface, or on another phone. This would help eliminate your phone or app version being a potential factor.

Lastly, make sure that once paired, that Do-Not-Disturb Mode is disabled, as this will prevent the chime from ringing.

Options
2024-08-23 22:39:06 - last edited 2024-08-23 22:39:55

@Riley_S I have reset the Doorbell a few times already. Did it via the app a couple times, added it as a new device, tried re-pairing the chime and it did not work. Then I physically uninstalled the doorbell, reset it using the pin, reinstalled it and set it up as a new device, and tried pairing the chime. That didn't work either. 

And yes, I used the Sync button on the side of the chime, pressed it for 3 seconds until it started blinking green and tried the pairing. It stops blinking after about 30 seconds and does not ring i.e. pair with the doorbell. I also tried pressing the doorbell while the chime led is blinking to see if it picks up the low frequency signal. No luck there either. 

The chime does have power and plays a chime when I press the volume or chime selector button on the side, just doesn't sync with the doorbell which is literally on the other side of the wall. 

Separately, the doorbell camera video shows on my phone and Amazon Echo, but for some reason, it does not show notifications even though Notifications is enabled and DND is disabled, so I don't get notification when someone presses the doorbell and no ring from the chime either. Unless someone bangs on the door, we don't know someone's there, which defeats the purpose of having this camera. 

The doorbell and camera worked great for about a year and half and now it's no longer ringing. I have a number of Kasa devices through out the house and this one has been a huge disappointment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Options
2024-08-26 22:49:20

Hey  @lawnmowerman,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Tapo App, while also removing the associated data from your device? If your notifications are having trouble, normally a complete wipe of the app and its related settings will help since it requires the app to request the permissions again. You should also check the permissions as is, I believe that doorbell presses have their own notification category.

I mentioned previously that you can integrate your Kasa devices to the Tapo App or even set up your devices directly in the Tapo App. These do use different services, so you may have a different experience when using the Tapo App. It is worth attempting to at least integrate your Kasa devices since you can continue to use the Kasa app if it does not help.

As for the chime, if it isn't a failure of the app setup, I recommend getting in contact with our support team directly and pointing them towards this thread. They may have additional resources or can see if there is something wrong.

Options
2024-08-28 02:17:36

@Riley_S Yes to all your questions. I've deleted and reinstalled the Tapo app. Migrated all my Kasa devices to Tapo app. Also used the Tapo app to try and re-pair the Chime with the Doorbell multiple times. All with no effect to the notification. 

How do I contact Support about the Chime?

Options