Kasa integration to Hubitat

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-03 12:42:49
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've completed an integration witththe habitat c8. On the hubitat interface I provided my kasa acct  credentials to maintain a periodic login and check with the system. I've been getting alerts from TP-Link advising of an old app version log in and to upgrade my app.   What would be the solution to correcting that issue?  My Kasa phone app works fine and doesn't seem to be causing it. It's only when the habitat integration is doing the periodic check.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa integration to Hubitat
2023-11-03 18:11:36

@robertbehm05,

Hubitat is not one of our officially supported integrations for either Kasa or Tapo. These integrations are managed and created by third parties and we do not normally recommend using the connections as you are required to provide your account credentials to a third party service. For any problems caused by the integration, you would need to get in contact with its developers.

As for the Kasa App, there was a large app update last year which had a large number of updates, including cloud updates. If your app is up to date from the app store, it is likely being caused by the third party accessing your devices through old systems / methods. Other than asking the developers of the integration about the behavior, your best bet for now is to disconnect from Hubitat. 

Where was the notification for an old app version coming in? As a phone notification, or an email?

If you hear information from the Hubitat developers, I would be more than happy to forward the info to our development teams.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 355

Replies: 1

Related Articles