Limit on number of devices in Kasa app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-30 23:29:50

Is there a limit to the number of devices that can be managed by the Kasa app? I have multiple Kasa smart plugs: regular smart plugs, outdoor and now energy monitoring. They all seem to work fine, up to 10 plus. When I add the 11th plug, I'm finding that several of the plugs are now offline. When I remove the 11th plug, they all are working properly again.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Limit on number of devices in Kasa app?
2023-07-03 09:48:19 - last edited 2023-07-03 09:48:43

@rjf17ca 

There is no limitation on the amount of how many smart devices can be configured on the Kasa app. May I know what's the version of your Kasa APP? What's the model of your kasa plugs?

Did you configure this new device to the same WiFi network as the other plugs? Is this WiFi a local network (no internet access)?

Have you tried to use a different phone?

Try to remove one more plug (the 9th) and add the 11th plug first, then add the 9th plug to Kasa APP. Check if the problem follows a specific plug. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Limit on number of devices in Kasa app?
2023-07-12 22:09:54

@rjf17ca 

Of course, even though I'd tried to add this device multiple times and had similar errors, now it's working fine    You can close this request.  If it happens again, I'll do more tests to determine a pattern.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 857

Replies: 2

Related Articles