Kasa Doorbellx cannot change device timezone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-10 19:32:35
Model: KD110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

App warns that doorbell time does not match phone time.  I follow instructions to go to Settings > Location and Time, set the Time Zone to America/New York, and Synch location, but the KD110 Device Info continues to show Time Zone GMT and the Device Time shows the current GMT time (4 hours ahead of New York), even though the Location shows the most recent Synch timestamp.  How are you supposed to change the device time?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Doorbellx cannot change device timezone
2022-05-10 22:22:05

@TennisBum 

If you remove the power from the device, the device is supposed to update its own location on reboot. There is this FAQ for fixing this issue:

What should I do if my Kasa device doesn't synchronize the time correctly?

Just in case there is an issue with the app updating the device, do you have another device on which you could try to change the time?

Lastly, are there any VPN apps on your phone or network that could make the device believe that it is in another region?

If this does not fix this issue, I would recommend resetting the camera, and completing the configuration again, as the FAQ states that the location is received automatically after the doorbell is configured. There is a reset button on the back of the KD110.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 1

Related Articles