C200: ONVIF is not working after update to 1.3.9 !!!

C200: ONVIF is not working after update to 1.3.9 !!!

29 Reply
Re:C200: ONVIF is not working after update to 1.3.9 !!!
2024-01-17 07:50:27

@Nic77 

Hi,
Our senior engineer is following your case by email(ticket ID TKID231209752), it's recommended to reply to the email, and they will continue help on your case.
(Note: usually, it's unable to downgrade the camera's firmware, and the tech team will help locate and solve the issue on the new firmware.)

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-17 07:52:07

Hi @Solla-topee !

I collect the following facts:

• WE CUSTOMER bought cameras of TP-LINK and WE PAID FOR !
  • WE also paid for ONVIF functionality!
  • YOU / TP-LINK published a new firmware (> 1.3.6)
    With that YOU / TP-LINK disabled/removed a functionality WE (CUSTOMER) PAID FOR!
    According to general law: this is illegal !
    YOU did not inform us about before!

• YOU / TP-LINK cheating us and YOU / TP-LINK lie on us!
  • YOU / TP-LINK ask us various waferthin reasons whether we changed something on our network!
    PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: WE CHANGED NOTHING !
    BUT INSTALLED YOUR USELESS FIRMWARE !

Our patience has run out!

I accordingly call on you: publish a new firmware with correctly working ONVIF access like in the working firmware before!
OR: describe us a solution to DOWNGRADE to the firmware 1.3.6 for: Tapo C200, hardware version 1.0

I expect a response by 2024-01-19 !

Otherwise i/we will inform other customers about your illegal doings on many forums and shops (Amazon, ...) and our lawyers will talk to your bosses!

Options
2024-01-17 09:52:46

In the following the answer i got from support:

We can promise that we didn't disable the ONVIF function of the camera. We have no reason to do this.  

This may be caused by some unknown incompatibilities when the camera upgraded to the firmware 1.3.9 in the specific environment. Actually, we failed to reproduce the issue at our end and we haven't found the root yet.

So, we sincerely hope you could help us collect the diagnostic log from the camera to troubleshoot the issue further and resolve.

We would like to help you solve the problem.

Your cooperation and understanding will be appreciated. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. If you have additional information or feedback to provide, please feel free to let us know.

Options
2024-01-30 12:40:35

@Nic77

it is amazing how they cannot replicate the issue when we all have the same issue. This is unbelivable. I will go and buy another camera and publish reviews everywhere stating how bad is the support. It's been almost three months since this issue appeared. At least give us an option to downgrade firmware

Options
Any news regarding firmware 1.3.9 onvif and rtsp not working?
2024-04-10 12:21:20

I wonder if there are any news regarding a firmware that works. It is very unsatisfactory that a working camera has become useless after a tp-link firmware upgrade.

I expect this to be fixed. 

I have several cameras from tp-link and have not changed anything in the network setup.
After power on my C200 with firmware 1.3.9 is working for some minutes and then disconnects from iSpy/Agent.

The Android (Tapo) app works still after my C200 disconnects from iSpy.

Options
2024-04-11 05:41:31

@henrikl2000 

Hi,
The new firmware of Tapo C200 still supports the RTSP/ONVIF protocols. Regarding the phenomenon you reported, we are actively locating the problem. If you are willing to cooperate in troubleshooting, please help confirm: 
1. Your network diagram, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))(((Tapo camera, phones, pc, etc.
Are you watching the Tapo C200 on a PC via the iSpy program when the PC and the camera are connected to the same router? 

2. Do you view the camera through RTSP or ONVIF? What URL is used?

3. Try changing the camera password to a different one without special characters on the camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings>Camera Account page, and test if you can stream the camera properly via iSpy.

Best Regards

Options
2024-04-11 08:52:12

@Solla-topee 

Network diagram is tricky I have a lot of network units cabled and on Wi-Fi.

My router is a TP-Link R600VPN v2

My access points and Extender: Ubiquiti AP and TP-Link Extender

2 Xiaomi phones Redmi 8 and 7

Several PC’s running Windows 10 and Linux and some Raspberry Pi’s, ESP’s and Wemos

Cameras: 5 x Tapo C310 and 2 x C200. One C200 not updated and working and one C200 updated fw 1.3.9 not working.

Camera onvif url in Agent:
Live: 640x360: rtsp://user:pass@ipaddress:554/stream2

All network units (cameras, pc’s, ap and so on connected to TP-Link R600VPN via switches)

I am watching the camera stream on pc and raspberry pi via Agent on a Windows 10 pc. I have also tried using VLC on a Windows 10 pc. Working fine for some minutes and then disconnects.

On my phone Xiaomi Redmi 8 T (Android) the Tapo app keeps working when all other disconnects.

All was working until the firmware update 1.3.9 arrived.

I hope this info will help you/me so that we can get the cameras working again.

I have change the password and now waiting to see if the camera will cut off again.

Best regards

Options
2024-04-12 10:53:04

@henrikl2000 

Hi,
Thank you for your information and attempt, and please feel free to reply to us if there are any updates.
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-13 08:10:21

@Solla-topee I have changed the password as you suggested and it seems to have helped. The camera disconnected once from Agent (iSpy) and maybe half an hour later connected again and have been connected since. I will try to change the password back to the original password which is without any special characters. If it fails I will come back to you. Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Options

Tags

ONVIF/RTSP
problem
Related Articles