NC450 can't reset | can't login with admin/admin

2024-08-25 15:04:48 - last edited 2024-08-30 03:16:13
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Well, I am starting another one thread as there is no solution so far provided from the experts. 

After installing a new router at my home, I had to change the Wi-Fi password for the NC450. 

I did it via WPS button method, all set - all good. 

After trying to login to the TP-Link app (camera app) it keeps me asking for the password. 

admin password has no success. 

I have done so far almost 500 hard resets for the camera with the rear button, same story. 

You experts from the TP-LINK company, there is no solution for this major problem? 

My very next step if there is no solution to this problem, which is major and there are so many cameras affected, will be posts to X, revealing your inability to help your customers. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:NC450 can't reset | can't login with admin/admin-Solution
2024-08-26 08:04:39 - last edited 2024-08-30 03:16:13

@Dachtus 

Hi, 
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot.
https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/662582
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:NC450 can't reset | can't login with admin/admin-Solution
2024-08-26 08:04:39 - last edited 2024-08-30 03:16:13

@Dachtus 

Hi, 
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot.
https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/662582
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:NC450 can't reset | can't login with admin/admin
Thursday
The linked article does not address the fault as described, so is irrelevant. I have the same issue. The NC450 is NOT resetting it's password to admin when it is being reset. Can we have some constructive advice on the problem please, not merely weblinks to articles, many of which are irrelevant to this issue.
Options
Thursday
100% agree with you. I have the same problem, and after several years of responses on this forum there have been no real solutions, just referrals to support pages, none of which address the failing to reset the password problem. The "solution" to using a "new" password after resetting is also incorrect, since the adding camera process requires you to login to the camera before any settings can be made, hence the default login password!
Options
Yesterday

Hello @Ceedee55 ,

I hope you're all well.
I wanted to share an update regarding my ongoing issue with resetting the password for my camera. Despite various attempts and troubleshooting steps, I have encountered persistent difficulties.

After connecting the camera to a PC running Windows 7 and using Microsoft Explorer, I successfully accessed the camera's web interface. From there, I proceeded to reset the password and set a new one. However, while I could log in to the camera's web interface using the new password, I encountered a different issue when trying to use the mobile app. The app consistently indicates that the password is incorrect and prompts me to reset it again.

This discrepancy has been frustrating, as it seems that the password reset function on the camera's web interface does not sync properly with the mobile app. Despite following the recommended steps, I have been unable to resolve this issue.

I appreciate any further guidance or solutions that the community may have to offer. Thank you for your support.

Options
Yesterday

@Dachtus  Is it possible to share a picture showing the page when you enter the password using the mobile app? Maybe the page asks for tp-link account password...

Options
Yesterday

@Summer_S Can't do it at the moment but i assure you that i tried both, my TP Link account credentials and the new password (that I changed through Windows 7 environment). 

Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@Dachtus 

I cannot access my NC450 via any web browser since they all reject connection due to security protocols not be adequate from the camera. (PC is Windows 11).

I only have the Phone App, and that always tells me the admin password is wrong.

What version of which browse did you use to access the camera?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 200

Replies: 7

Related Articles