Tapo C500 my bugs thus far

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-03 21:13:14
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hello,

I am using a Samsung A20e (SM-A202F/DS) with the latest version installed.

An important detail for some of the bugs below, I am almost running out of memory 31.06 GB of 32.00 GB (97%).

My bugs with my Tapo C500, thus far, are as follows:

1. MicroSD card not found: After running for 15 days of running straight

- did a reboot, and the card was "re-detected"... now activated the "Auto-Reboot".   

Q1: Is this a known issue? that is why you have an "auto-reboot" workaround

2. Android notification "Person detected", I click on the message, and no video is shown.

I do "back" and on the home screen, no camera is shown... this is the bug ;-)

But, if I close the Tapo application in Android and start it again, and inside the app, I touch the "message envelope" and click on the same message from within the App, it shows the video correctly. Meaning when clicking directly from the Android notification I was not able to see, because the camera is not "loaded" it seems when coming directly from the Android notifications

Q2: Is this a known issue? could we expect a correction for the same

3. I am UK and my camera is in PT. When I try to check the Live Video or any recording, I get "Network unstable..."

- I was in the UK under WiFi with large bandwidth available (for example able to play 4K YouTube seamlessly)

- It seems a problem of "latency" that the Tapo app does not react well to it, so it gives the error message

- I asked my wife to check on the video/recording, and importantly she was in PT, and she was able to see all fine

- this is a annoying bug from the Tapo app, that does not allow me to check my camera when I am abroad (out of PT)

Q3: Is this a known issue? could we expect a correction for the same

I hope it helps improve.

Thank you,
Tiago

Options
8 Reply
Re:Tapo C500 my bugs thus far
2023-05-04 07:19:54 - last edited 2023-05-04 07:20:22

link  @TiagoSS 

Hi,
1. Generally, restarting the camera will free some memory and allow the camera to work better, and the "auto-reboot" feature is not designed to solve the MicroSD card issue.
What's the model number and brand of your MicroSD card? And what's the format and storage capacity of the MicroSD card?
You can refer to the link to check if it helps in this case.

2. May I have a video showing the notification issue?

3. If your wife is still in the PT, please check if watching the live view page and recordings when using other networks on the phone rather than the home network is working, such as using the mobile data on the phone.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-04 09:06:51 - last edited 2023-05-24 13:06:28

Hi  @Solla-topee 

My answers to your feedback are:

SanDisk High Endurance MicroSD Card 128GB + Rescue Pro Deluxe for Dash Cams and Home Surveillance Systems, High Power and Durability, Full HD/4K Video - White

SanDisk High Endurance MicroSD Card 128GB

2. I don't have a video of it happening, but I will do one, upon the next Android notification, to showcase it. It's a promise. Probably only over the weekend, to set expectations.

3. When I asked her, she was at work under mobile data at the time. The problem seems to be (trying to be "technical" on your behalf) that Tapo video playing, does not react well when you have a large bandwidth but with "high latency" (all the routing from UK up to PT)... instead as having "low latency" when we are in PT, via Wifi or Mobile data. Could you try to investigate using the Tapo app on your side in a high latency network?

4. New one: The AI detection needs improvement since it said "Person detected" this night and what was happening was a rain windy drizzle only.
Check the photo for more details. I have a 7Mb video file also but is not able to upload it. Please help to send it to you.
Fingers crossed next firmware comes with a more "intelligent" AI for Person detection ;-).

Thank you!
Tiago

Options
2023-05-06 09:12:20

@TiagoSS 

Hi Tiago,
For the first three issues, they are complicated and I have reported the issue to the support engineers, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

For the new issue, please go to the Tapo app>Camera Settings>Detection&Alerts>AI Detection>Person Detection page, adjust the sensitivity to 3 and then check if the problem remains.
Best Regards

Options
2023-05-15 14:28:06 - last edited 2023-05-15 14:29:38

Hi Solla,
I have videos of issues 2 and 4 ready to be shared with your technical team.
Yes, you can use my e-mail, as registered, on this site, no problem.
I have adjusted to Person Detection to 3 as asked, it was on 6 before, so you know.
Best Regards,

Tiago

Options
2023-05-17 10:14:06

@TiagoSS 

Hi Tiago,
Your case is followed on the email and the case ID is TKID230510349, you can share the video with our technical team via email.
Best Regards

Options
2023-05-24 13:05:34 - last edited 2023-05-25 21:42:41

Hi  @Solla-topee,
Thank you for your attention and care.
Could you send me a e-mail message again or a private message here?
Indicating the e-mail I should use to share the videos with Tapo's Technical Team.
Thanks as always!
Tiago

Options
2023-05-25 08:33:39

@TiagoSS 

Hi Tiago,
I have informed the tech team to send you an email again, please check if you receive the email from the tech team.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-25 21:43:14
Got it. Already replied to the e-mail. Thanks for helping so much!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 637

Replies: 8

Related Articles