Tp Link Tapo C310 connection issue after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-08 20:17:52
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello,

I have experienced issues with connection to camera which is connected via lan cable. It is possible to reach this camera only thru mobile phone connected via home wi-fi. If the mobile phone is connected via mobile internet connection, the camera seems offline. After switching back to wi-fi, the camera is online again. When the connection of the camera is switch to wi-fi there is no issue. Only it takes longer to connect to the camera from mobile phone connected via mobile internet connection. 

Is it possible to solve it by downgrading the firmware, or there is any other solution?

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tp Link Tapo C310 connection issue after firmware update
2022-08-10 02:00:07 - last edited 2022-08-15 09:32:23

Feel free to let us know for any observations.

Hello   @MartinNovotny 

Thank you for the feedback, if Tapo camera is accessible in the home Wi-Fi network but offline remotely: 

1. Please reboot Tapo camera first (Tapo APP> tap  the ' wheel' icon on the right top of Live view page> Camera settings> reboot tapo camera )

2. Try some tips in  the below guide Case2 : 

What should I do if I can't view the Tapo camera?

3. Please connect phone to a different Wi-Fi network, or test when phone using mobile data from a different SIM card company. (this is to see if it's related to a certain ISP or SIM card company )

You may also factory reset the camera and reinstall it , or connect it to a Guest Wifi network and see if that makes any difference.

If the same, can I know the model of router and network map. e.g. ISP x-  router Archer C7<Wireless>tapo C200. 

Please help collect the camera log and share the log file with us. How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera? Thank you. 

Options
2022-09-01 17:15:31

@Solla-topee 

I have tried everything including resetting the camera and uninstalling and I am still not able to access the camera which is connected via lan cable. Is there any possibility of downgrading the firmware of the camera? 

Thanks

Options
2022-09-02 02:58:56 - last edited 2022-09-02 03:05:13

Hello @MartinNovotny 

I'd like to create a support email for your case, TKID220901700 kindly check your email inbox later. 

If you can not access the camera remotely (when the phone is on mobile data) it's can be due to that the camera is still offline on the cloud (due to router DNS, firewall etc.), or it's the phone itself ( due to mobile SIM card provider) 

• Try to change router DNS to 8.8.8.8, save the settings and reboot camera. 
  • Make sure you have test on a different phone or phone using a different SIM card provider or you test a different outside network on the phone  

If still the same,

1) may I know the model of router, and the network topology:e.g 

ISP-modem - router Archer A7<Wi-Fi>camera works fine 

ISP-modem - router Archer A7<Wi-Fi>camera, device 

2) Please help collect the log file of camera, attach the log file here  3)   share the MAC address of camera via private message.

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera

Options
2022-10-24 15:45:16

@MartinNovotny  Did you resolve the problem? I've got the same after recent upgrade. It stopped working for both v1 and v2 Tapo C310 cameras. My v2 cameras are now in 1.30 firware. Both not accessible over Internet. All is ok via LAN.

Options
2022-10-27 15:09:34

@MartinNovotny I had similar problems with my C210 camera after a firmware update to 1.30. Tried several thing like rebooting the camera etc.

I ended up removing the camera from the app and setting it up from the beginning which then made it possible to connect from outside my local network again

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1500

Replies: 5

Related Articles