After setup admin page is not reachable anymore - no device is able to connect to Internet but OC200

After setup admin page is not reachable anymore - no device is able to connect to Internet but OC200

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: ER706W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20240726 Rel.77184(4555)

Strange issue ...

have resettled the router now several times - always ending at the same issue:

After the reset the setup wizard is working fine, router adminpage is accessible without issues. Standard config. But - as soon I connect the ISP modem (I see that the router get's the IP on the wan2 interface immediately) I can't access the admin page anymore. wLan is telling me "no internet connection"

Funny enough - as I also run a Omada controller (OC200) and this is the only device capable to access the internet - and is also reachable from external. At the OC200 Interface I see all devices - also the ER706W - but I'm also not able to adopt it ... 

There are NO vLan (except vlan1 by default) configured

There are no FW rules

The only thing I found was that if mesh is turned on it can cause issues - so mesh is disabled now - but no luck so far.

Any Idea what's going on here?

Regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:After setup admin page is not reachable anymore - no device is able to connect to Internet but OC200-Solution

found the issue ... in fact no DNS settings where set at the wan (normally I would guess these come automatically when ISP is connected to wan during the connectionwizard) and by default also my LAN DNS Entry were empty. No issue when no wan was connected but as soon it was availible the requests where sent to Nirvana ...

setting DNS manulally beforehand and also add DNS to teh LAN settingsd did the trick

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:After setup admin page is not reachable anymore - no device is able to connect to Internet but OC200
a week ago

@pur_berger 

it sounds like you get the same IP on the WAN as you do have on the LAN. try changing the LAN ip to e.g. 10.43.1.1/24 before connecting to the WAN

Options
Re:After setup admin page is not reachable anymore - no device is able to connect to Internet but OC200
a week ago

@pur_berger 

As above, or you have one or more devices with the same IP on the network which can cause all sorts of borkiness

Options
Re:After setup admin page is not reachable anymore - no device is able to connect to Internet but OC200-Solution

found the issue ... in fact no DNS settings where set at the wan (normally I would guess these come automatically when ISP is connected to wan during the connectionwizard) and by default also my LAN DNS Entry were empty. No issue when no wan was connected but as soon it was availible the requests where sent to Nirvana ...

setting DNS manulally beforehand and also add DNS to teh LAN settingsd did the trick

Recommended Solution
Options